by Janelle Holden
For Valentine’s Day, I give you habits of love that will make your business success inevitable.
- Reflect On Your Life Daily – Spend at least 20-30 minutes of quiet time without distractions to think about and reflect on your life. Open up your mind and just think, analyze, visualize, and dream. Ask yourself, “What am I capable of?” and “What are my strengths?” and “Where do I want to be in 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years?” Then write down whatever comes up in a journal where you can go back and re-read your hopes, visions, dreams, and goals.
- Become A True Optimist – Let’s face it. Life isn’t always candy hearts and roses, but you can liberate yourself from the negative. Make a habit of finding the positive in every situation. Many of life’s failures will bring you one step closer to success. Look for the good in everything and everyone.
- Set A Wildly Improbable Goal – Set a goal that makes your heart sing just thinking about it. The more wildly improbable, the better. Want to climb Mount Everest? Add that to the list. Always wanted to travel the world? Make it a goal. Want to have a business that runs itself while you sip pina coladas on the beach? You can do it. Just decide that’s what you want, and set your goal.
- Define Your Role Models – Define who your role models are. Then look for those people in your life and model your behaviors and life views after theirs. Try “being” them for one day and see how it uplevels your life.
- Be Grateful – Write down your daily gratitudes and challenge yourself to find new ones every day. Truly appreciate your life in its current form and say out loud the words “Thank You” to acknowledge all of the goodness that has poured into your life from the moment you drew your first breath.
- Become A Life-Long Learner – Commit to learning something new every day. Read. Listen to podcasts and audiobooks. Watch videos. Attend webinars. Choose to add value to yourself and your knowledge base. Then make sure and go and implement what you learn.
- Embrace Yourself – Love yourself like a parent loves a child. Say kind things to yourself. Encourage yourself. Accept who you are and your unique point of view. And then be willing to change in a dynamic way that takes into account your true values.
- Reverse Engineer Your Goal – Look at what it will take monthly, weekly, and daily to reach your goal. Take action from the small steps you outline that will get you to your goal. Make your own road to success and then walk down that path.
Janelle Holden is an online marketing and sales consultant who helps people in the transformation industries (coaching, network marketing, and change making), automate their marketing and turn on the fun and profit factor in their lives.